Join Don't Stop Eating for a TEDxMahattan "Changing the Way We Eat" broadcasting party. Although we might not be able to be all in the same room, we can watch and virtually celebrate together the speakers and the topic of this year's TEDXManattan. Scroll at the bottom of the page to find the streaming box.
TEDxManhattan "Changing the Way We Eat" informs, educated and empowers as we shift to a more sustainable way of eating and farming. The goal of the event is to create new synergies, connections and collaborations across disciplines, to help break the food movement out of its 'bubble,' and to introduce the TED community to the innovative work being done in this field. The audience will include academics, researchers, health professionals, farmers, chefs, food professionals, nonprofits, advocates, foundations, public figures and TEDsters.
The 2015 all-day event will be held on Saturday, March 7, from 10:30am eastern until 6:00pm and includes over a dozen dynamic speakers spanning the entire food spectrum from farming to food arts.
- Joel Berg – New York City Coalition Against Hunger
- Dana Cowin – Food & Wine
- Alkemia Earth – DJ and plant-based nutritionist
- Debra Eschmeyer – The White House’s Let’s Move! campaign
- Robert Graham, MD – Lenox Hill Hospital
- Henry Hargreaves – Photographer and artist
- Kendra Kimbirauskas – Friends of Family Farmers, SRAP
- Nikiko Masumoto – Masumoto Family Farm
- Michele Merkel – Food & Water Watch
- Danny Meyer – Union Square Hospitality Group
- Danielle Nierenberg – Food Tank
- Ali Partovi – Angel Investor
- Stephen Reily – Seed Capital Kentucky
- Stefanie Sacks – Culinary nutritionist, author
- Anim Steel – Real Food Challenge
- Shen Tong – FOOD-X
- Marcel Van Ooyen – GrowNYC
- Ietef “DJ Cavem” Vita – Eco-HipHop
- TEDxManhattan Award Winner – Green Bronx Machine
Topics will include:
- The necessity of women farmers in the food movement
- How US law favors large agribusiness companies and not small farmers
- Teaching students about health through hip hop
- Food as medicine
- Beyond food hubs – local food and local food economies
- Why organic really isn’t more expensive
- What we really need to end hunger
- How small changes in your eating can make huge differences
Broadcast starts at 10:30am on Saturday, March 7th.